Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My first Slava.

Thursday 20.12.2007, Soon Christmas. I have to go back to France. Have to. Tension. I dont feel like to go back. I dont want, get crazy and anxious. The plane is on friday morning at 6AM. The last bus leaving Krusevac is at 7PM on thursday.
One thausend things to do on thursday. I hurry up, clean the house, pack my bag, go to meet my landlord and pay the last bills.
6PM, I should meet Bojan at the bus station. Misunderstanding, he is waiting for me in a cafe. Fuck. I get even more anxious, almost crying (god knows why I am getting so crazy sometimes!).
6:30, Bojan reachs me at the bus station. I love this dude. Great. Last hug, he has to go to work, I have to take my fucking bus.
7:00, buses are coming. I ask if the bus is going to Belgrade. Negative answer, it is going to Nis. I wait, and wait again.
7:30, a girl advices me to ask what is happening about the bus. No more buses to Belgrade. I just missed it 20 minutes ago. FUCK.

I start to smile and laugh. This situation was almost sure. I love myself sometimes. I have no idea how I will reach Belgrade, but decide first to go for a drink, to see some friends and to think of this trip later.
8:00, direction The Club. On the way, ohh, I meet my serbian family. I explain my situation, laughing. They dont. "how will you do? But Amelie, How will you do??", Why do they ask me , I dont know, and dont really care at the moment. I know I will do it, I just dont know how...
A friend of them is present as well. He told me he got some politician friends who maybe go back to Belgrade tonight (I start to smile!). We wait, check to possibilities on internet, there are definitively no more train and bus to Belgrade... The telephone rings. Nebojsa smiles, the friend goes to Belgrade tonight. I sing in my mind: I AM SO LUCKY LUCKY, I AM SO LUCKY LUCKY...
We go to the local of the democratic party (Wahoo) and wait until the end of the meeting. People comes. One guy told me to not be worry (i am far from this feeling). We have time.
9:30, we go. The car is clean, the guy is nice. I will learn after that he is an important politician guy in the democratic party. We speake about politic and media. We have to pick up one of his friend, a lady working in the ministery of Agriculture. She looks like a rich durty bitch, full of make up and smelling parfum, but she is really nice (she try to fuck him, it is obvious). We go to her family, they are celebrating the slava. Great, my fist slava (here we are!). There is no electricity in all the town (this is the balkan jungle), so the party is in a kind of strange erotic atmospher with all those candles. We eat a bit with the family. Time to go, we listen croatian music in the car. We take our time until Belgrade, stop once on the motorway to have a coffee and smoke a cigarette. Nebojsa (the politician man) drives me until the airport (they are like a mum and dad with me, so nice and cute). We say goodbye, and they go...


Later, I will take my plane, and stop first to Milan, before to flight again to Luxembourg. Arrived to Milan, I will realize how much I love Europa and all those different people who are living here. Great melting pot. I am not angry anymore to be back.

No comments: