Thursday, February 7, 2008

In the 8th grade classroom (first part)

After a meeting with my office, I decided to start to learn Serbian properly, and bet with Eta, my boss, that for her birthday, 3rd of march, I would speak Serbian. So now I learn all day long, and try to remember what I did learn the day before...not easy, but my motivation is strong.
Everyone decided to help me in the office, and it is the first time I see so much motivation from serbian people. I am happy to see such motivation from them.
Yesterday, Marina's husband, Vlada, invited me to go to his school when he was kid, Nada Popovitch, and to meet his serbian teacher. I imagined it will be one of his friend who is now serbian tacher, but not at all...

We arrive to the school. Great, I realize it is the first time since I am here that I go in a public school and I feel happy to see all those kids running and screaming around. Vlada asks to one teacher where is the Serbian teacher. We go to her class room, and knock the door...
We stand in this room, full of 14-years-old pupils, all so excited by our coming. Vlada speak to the teacher: she is french and wants to learn serbian. -Ok, you can sit. -She doesnt speak good serbian right now but she speaks english. -Ok, kids, who is speaking english ?? (All the kids stand up) -I AM I AM, SHE CAN SIT HERE, AND HERE, AND HERE...

ohh, I feel like a star, boys and girls look at me in a different way. I finally sit next to Natali, tall and girly teenager.- Of course I do speak english, she said to me.
All the 14-years-old boys are looking at me, and I remember when I was myself 14!.
Natali asks me how old I am. - 21. -ohh, I thaught you were 14 also and you were a new pupil! (I knew I look young, but, so young??).

The course goes on (the show must go on...), The pupils are not really aware. Maybe 5 on 25 pupils are listening the teacher. The other one speak to their neighbours, or try to speak to me, or try to catch attention of the other pupils by making jokes!.

The hours finally ends. The teacher comes to speak to me; I am a beautiful girl and my language is beautiful. She asks me if I want to stay... Well... All the pupils are around me and sing: Stay, Stay, oh Stay, Pleeeaaaase....

Ok, it's enough for today I answer. But I will come back. Tomorrow? OK for me.


Vidimo Se Sutra.

No comments: